VPA Council Planning Days 2023
On Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd March the VPA Board and State Council met face to face for our annual planning days at the RACV Club Torquay. This was the first time since 2020 that Board and Council have been able to come together, face to face for the Planning Days. While this may sound strange, the reality is, that as this time last year there were still COVID-19 issues impacting on our capacity to work together.
This was a significant time for us and continues to be a very important part of the annual VPA program. As you can see by the list of speakers below, this provides our Board and State Council with the opportunity to represent you, advocate for you and ensure your voices are amplified at many levels.
- Minister for Education, Natalie Hutchins
- Deputy Secretary, Schools and Regional Services, David Howes
- Deputy Secretary, Schools Workforce, Andrea Del Monaco
- VIT Professional Practice Manager, Linda Blakis
- Chris Egan from Inspire Learning Solutions, Creating a Workplace Wellbeing Strategy
- John Hendry OAM - the importance of Relationships Based Education.
The VPA Board and Council also spent time reviewing our 2023-2024 VPA Strategic plan, making suggestions for improvement and approving this.
2023 Council planning dates:
- March 2 and 3: Board and Council planning days
- May 26: Council meeting
- July 21: Council meeting
- November 17: Council meeting and AGM